Date: Friday, 27 November 2020
Time: 6:30 p.m., cocktails and registration
Venue: TBC, Hong Kong
Asian Legal Business proudly presents the 19th annual ALB Hong Kong Law Awards – the pre-eminent legal awards and ALB's biggest and longest-running awards in Asia. These prestigious awards will pay tribute to the outstanding performance of private practitioners and in-house teams in the region.
SUBMISSIONS Closed - Stay tuned for the Finalists!
Share your ALB moments on social media: #ALBawards
Contact Harmony Tam at +852 2841 5783 or email@example.com for submission inquiries.
Contact Amantha Chia at firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 6870 3917 for sponsorship opportunities.
1. Debt Market Deal of the Year
2. Equity Market Deal of the Year
3. Finance Deal of the Year
4. M&A Deal of the Year
1. Dealmaker of the Year
2. Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year
3. In-House Lawyer of the Year
4. Managing Partner of the Year
5. Woman Lawyer of the Year - Law Firm
6. Woman Lawyer of the Year - In-House
7. Young Lawyer of the Year - Law Firm
8. Young Lawyer of the Year - In-House
IN-HOUSE TEAM CATEGORIES
1. Withers Award Construction and Real Estate In-House Team of the Year
2. Compliance and Risk Management In-House Team of the Year (NEW!)
3. Financial Services In-House Team of the Year
4. Innovative In-House Team of the Year
5. Investment Banking In-House Team of the Year
6. MNC In-House Team of the Year (NEW!)
7. Startup In-House Team of the Year (NEW!)
8. Technology, Media and Telecommunications In-House Team of the Year
9. Transportation and Logistics In-House Team of the Year
10. ACC HK Award Hong Kong In-House Team of the Year
1. Aviation Law Firm of the Year
2. Civil Litigation Law Firm of the Year
3. Construction Law Firm of the Year
4. HKGALA Award Corporate Citizenship Law Firm of the Year
5. Criminal Litigation Law Firm of the Year
6. Deal Firm of the Year
7. BDO Award Dispute Resolution Boutique Law Firm of the Year
8. Energy and Resources Law Firm of the Year
9. Immigration Law Firm of the Year
10. Innovative Technologies Law Firm of the Year
11. Insurance Law Firm of the Year
12. Intellectual Property Law Firm of the Year
13. International Arbitration Law Firm of the Year
14. Investment Funds Law Firm of the Year
15. Labour and Employment Law Firm of the Year
16. Maritime Law Firm of the Year
17. Matrimonial and Family Law Firm of the Year
18. Offshore Law Firm of the Year
19. PRC Law Firm, Hong Kong Office of the Year
20. Private Wealth Law Firm of the Year
21. Real Estate Law Firm of the Year
22. Regulation and Investigations Law Firm of the Year
23. Restructuring and Insolvency Law Firm of the Year
24. Rising Law Firm of the Year
25. Tax and Trusts Law Firm of the Year
26. Technology, Media and Telecommunications Law Firm of the Year
27. Transactional Boutique Law Firm of the Year
28. Hong Kong Law Firm of the Year
(Click the materials below to download.)
Opening of submissions | May 6, 2020
Deadline of submissions | July 3, 2020 (extended)
Online announcement of finalists | TBC
Awards ceremony | November 27, 2020
Phone: +852 2841 5783
Phone: +852 2841 5783
Director, Legal Media Group, Asia & Emerging Markets
Phone: +65 6870 3917
BOOK YOUR SEAT
How do I know if I am eligible to make a submission?
We highly encourage all firms, individuals and in-house teams to submit, as we have numerous award categories to choose from. We welcome both past participants and newcomers to join the submission for the awards.
Is self-nomination permitted?
Yes, we accept self-nominated submissions. We also accept third-party submissions, should you wish to nominate an external party or vice versa.
Is there a fee required to make a submission in the law awards?
No, there is no fee payment required for you or your firm/team to make a submission.
When will the finalists and winners be announced?
The shortlist of finalists will be released around 4-8 weeks prior to the awards ceremony. The winners will be exclusively announced at the awards ceremony in Nov 2020 in Hong Kong.
How are the finalists chosen?
Asian Legal Business will compile all of the submission entries, and the ALB editorial and research teams will extensively review each submission to ensure the criteria are met in order to advance to the shortlist of finalists. We stress that this process is fair, impartial and not subject to external influences.
How are the winners chosen?
Once the shortlist of finalists have been announced, an independent judging panel will review and select their top three choices for the award categories they are assigned to. The scores for each award category will be tabulated, and the individual/firm/team with the highest score will be announced as the winner.
What are the award categories that I can take part in?
Any law firms, in-house teams or individuals may take part in multiple award categories if appropriate. The researchers reserve the right to move entries from one category to another if they feel it appropriate. The researchers’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Who will be on the judging panel for ALB Hong Kong Law Awards?
There will be an independent judging panel of at least 25 senior and expert legal industry leaders to review the submission materials. The judging panel will be selected on the basis of their expertise and knowledge, and will be comprised from various sectors to correspond to the diverse list of award categories. A partial list of judges’ names will be released prior to the awarding ceremony, and the remaining judges will be revealed on the evening of the awards.
What will my contact information/my client’s information be used for?
All contact information provided will not be disclosed to external parties; and will only be seen by our ALB research team and the judges panel. We keep the information on record internally, in case we need to contact you or your client regarding any questions or discrepancies in the submission form.
Where will my name/firm name/team name be published if we are a finalist or winner?
As a finalist and/or winner, your firm/team/individual name will be published in ALB awards materials and print magazine. For more information, please contact us.
Is my submission confidential?
Any information you submit will only be reviewed by the ALB team and independent judging panel, whose names will be published. The material submitted will only be disclosed to the above; if there is any information that is strictly confidential, please mark clearly on the nomination form. Though we do our best to maintain the security of the information you provide, any information you transmit to us is done at your own risk and Thomson Reuters is not responsible for any unauthorized transmission of information.
I would like to sponsor the ALB Law Awards.
Please contactAmantha.Chia@thomsonreuters.comor (+65) 6870 3917 for further details regarding sponsorship.
I am interested in being an official partner of the ALB Law Awards, as a media/legal association.
My practice area or specialty is not listed, but I would like to participate in the Awards.
Please get in touch with our ALB Law Awards research team ator call +632 9825 938.
Can I participate in Awards across the region?
Yes, you can participate in more than one market. Please note there may be specific criteria for each market.
Who should attend the Awards Ceremony? Can I attend?
We welcome all finalists and non-finalists to join the Awards Ceremony; please contactAmantha.Chia@thomsonreuters.comor (+65) 6870 3917.
I would like to order a winner’s trophy and/or certificate (for finalists and winners).
Please contactAmantha.Chia@thomsonreuters.comor (+65) 6870 3917.
How can I receive communications related to the ALB SE Asia Law Awards?
Please email to subscribe to the ALB mailing list.
Asian Legal Business (ALB) is owned by Thomson Reuters, the world’s leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. With its portfolio of leading titles, law awards, in-house legal summits and online services, ALB provides authoritative and unbiased insights and unmatched networking and business development opportunities to legal professionals throughout the Asia-Pacific.
ALB combines news and analysis from its team of professional legal journalists and the expert opinions of senior industry professionals with Reuters news and insights that power businesses across the globe.
Please visit legalbusinessonline.com for further information.
The ALB Law Awards are the pre-eminent legal awards in Asia-Pacific, held annually in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines and China. The Awards are comprised of months of intensive research and culminate in a black-tie Awarding Ceremony in each of the markets. We cordially invite you to take part in these prestigious awards – and celebrate legal excellence with us.