This is a 1-year contract opportunity with a global media company to be based in its Singapore office to help support its content business in South East Asia including its direct to consumer online streaming business.
Duties and areas of responsibility
- Provide legal support as necessary for the expansion and growth of the company's businesses in South East Asia, and in particular with regard to issues impacting those businesses in the television, mobile and media distribution business segments.
- Contract drafting, review, negotiations and interpretation for marketing, partnerships, distribution, promotions and other commercial activities.
- Preparation of memoranda, advice and correspondence.
- Liaise with outside counsel.
- Negotiation with counterparties to agreements relating to the company's businesses in South East Asia.
- Research and advice on business legal and regulatory issues.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other members of the company's Legal Department to provide legal support and advice.
- LL.B. or JD or equivalent. Indonesia qualified lawyer preferred.
- Some working knowledge for technology services and platform and online business is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 - 5 years of legal experience in law firm or multinational corporate legal department, focused on corporate/commercial and IP practice.
- Proficient English language ability in negotiating, drafting and reading.
- Excellent writing, negotiating and drafting skills in English.
- Admitted to practise law in English-speaking jurisdiction.
- Solid experience and understanding in issues concerning corporate/commercial law and intellectual property law, particularly copyright, trademark, consumer protection, advertising and data protection.
- Keen analytical insight and strong legal capability.
- Understanding of the legal and business customs and practices of a US-based multinational enterprise.
- Familiarity and experience with business practices of the media and entertainment industry.
- Attention to detail is crucial as well as the ability to follow direction and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritise workload and assignments.
- Good time management skills with ability to perform under tight deadlines.
- Willing to learn and adaptable.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635, Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 20 3745 2513.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: Media & Technology, Commercial, Intellectual Property
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: Media & Entertainment, commercial, IP