Our client is seeking a junior / mid‐level associate to join its growing Asian FCPA investigations team. This vacancy is for a bilingual, English and Mandarin speaking lawyer, who is motivated by cross border investigations work. The Mandarin ability (as described below) is key, as the successful candidate will assist with China‐related investigations. The team covers matters from throughout Asia, including Southeast Asia and India.
The firm's sector focus includes energy and natural resources, shipping, financial services, media and technology and life sciences.
The successful candidate will benefit from a friendly and supportive team environment, the opportunity to work with notable and directory rated practitioners and global resources.
You will be encouraged to develop your legal career within the Firm, and this role would suit an individual who is seeking long term career prospects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 3‐6 years of internal investigations experience and some international law firm exposure is desirable.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ post qualification international experience of litigation/arbitration, FCPA Investigations, or other relevant work from awell‐regarded Firm will be considered.
- Corporate/transactional associates who are keen to transition to a FCPA investigations practice and can demonstrate strong language, project/client management and drafting abilities will also be considered.
- Experience with Life Sciences (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Infant Formula) and/or China is desirable.
- Essential that candidates have strong oral communication and listening skills in Mandarin, be able to read simplified Chinese with business proficiency and be comfortable reading and working with Mandarin language documents and emails, and draft basic emails in Mandarin.
- Ability to read handwritten Chinese and draft Mandarin language documents a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of commercial awareness
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills in English are required.
- Self‐confident, proactive, pragmatic approach to tasks and projects
- Highly enthusiastic and self‐motivated
- The ability to interact and build relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually across the offices and international client base.
- Desire to be proactively involved in business development and marketing with a view to handling networking and client contact from the outset
- Commitment to excellent client service
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to apply please send:
- your CV;
- transcripts; and
- a short cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for us to determine your suitability for this role.
If you’d like to arrange a confidential discussion prior to applying please call our Singapore office on +65 6808 6635 or Hong Kong office on +852 3978 1369 or London office on +44 20 3745 2513.
Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that you think would be interested.
Singapore EA Licence No. 12S6213
- Practice Area: FCPA, White-collar Crime, Fraud, Litigation, Arbitration & Dispute Resolution, Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
- Industry: Legal
- Keywords: FCPA, Fraud / White Collar Crime, litigation, Arbitration, dispute resolution, Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences